MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans knows he'd beat Anderson Silva, not gunning for 'bittersweet' fight

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #89 (permalink)
El Bresko
....Omar Comin'

El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
It's obvious that Rashad has a lot of respect for Silva, and admires his accomplishments in the UFC.

Now I'm not disagreeing with your statement. But have you ruled out the possibility that maybe Rashad is passively calling Silva out by saying that he absolutely knows that he would beat Silva, so essentially he won't waste time cutting weight?
I think it's quite possible that Dana told Rashad to say this, to see what the reactions from the online community would be and to stir up interest in the fight.

I don't see any point in calling out the champ from the division below you unless you are going to go to him or are already a champ.

I like what Cormier is doing with Bones, but to say you can definitely beat someone but won't go to their weight to do it is pretty retarded IMO.

El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote