MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White: 'I'm happy I don't have to be in business' with Randy Couture

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Dana sure didn't have an issue when Zuffa was promoting him heavily and they were mutually making shitloads of cash together (he sure as hell was captain america then, right?). But that era has been over for a long time, randy got old, fought longer than practically anybody at the top tier of competition, and had to stop.

What was Randy supposed to do? Without having behind the scenes details, is Randy obligated to stay unemployed forever? Does it make him a bad person because he took a job with a rival company?

Dana is also notoriously fickle and I suspect if Randy were to terminate the bellator agreement tonight and take any job at all under the Zuffa umbrella Dana would be licking his nuts again. It's almost like's he's pissed that Randy is both a competent fighter AND a capable businessman just like Dana. Boohoo.