MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - strawweight coming soon to UFC

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #105 (permalink)
K-R Blitz
Amateur

K-R Blitz is a glorious beacon of lightK-R Blitz is a glorious beacon of lightK-R Blitz is a glorious beacon of lightK-R Blitz is a glorious beacon of lightK-R Blitz is a glorious beacon of lightK-R Blitz is a glorious beacon of lightK-R Blitz is a glorious beacon of lightK-R Blitz is a glorious beacon of lightK-R Blitz is a glorious beacon of lightK-R Blitz is a glorious beacon of lightK-R Blitz is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoman993 View Post

What I would like to see is a reclassing of the HW division and split it into two divisions. Call it Cruiserweight or whatever you want to call it but set the weight limit at somewhere around 225 or 230 and then have the upper limit for HW around 280. You'll still get the big skill guys in HW but the cruiserweight would end up being one of the most exciting divisions in the UFC (at least to me). You'd have the Cain Velasquez, Daniel Cormier, JDS type characters with lots of skill and cardio that would make for entertaining fights.

Then have the reclassed HW division with all the big boys. It would be full of KO's between a couple monsters and not as many size mismatches. I know it sounds like the classic I'm bigger I'm better attitude but if you get a guy that weighs 230 and a guy that weighs 265 and their skillsets are identical the guy at the higher weight is going to win by a large percentage of the time.
This! I totally agree with this. You could also get some of the bigger light heavys fighting in this division. I think there would be some awesome fights.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
K-R Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote