MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White: 'I'm happy I don't have to be in business' with Randy Couture

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
DonRifle
Featherweight

DonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
You clearly have no sort of basic understanding of etiquette regarding employee/employer relationships. No shit Dana didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart, that's irrelevant.

The UFC and Randy manufactured a long-standing mutual working relationship where one party was basically treated better than 99 percent of his co-workers despite not exactly being the biggest draw ever(GSP, Lesnar, Chuck, Tito etc...all bigger draws) and he shows his appreciation by constantly sticking it to them.

As far as questioning Dana's loyalty to black ink, that's outright absurd. Do you really ******* think guys like Chuck Liddell and Matt ******* Hughes are the most qualified guys for MANAGEMENT positions in the UFC? Or how about the fact that guys who were nowhere near superstardom like Kenny are employed with the UFC after their careers are over...or guys like Griffin and Bonnar are given big fights and pretty much have a lifetime guaranteed job. Randy himself was shown incredibly loyalty by getting huge main event fights over and over again long after he was relevant. What did Couture-Coleman do, what 350k? Yet he still got a ME slot and PPV revenue out of a ******* joke of a fight.

I don't blame Randy, but the guy's a dick. That'd be like if my company made all kinds of concessions for me to keep my job when I breached policy, always gave me flexibility with my hours, gave me more hours when I wanted it and generally tried to make my employment as enjoyable as possible in exchange for my rare skillset and I rewarded them by trying to stick it to them at every opportunity.

Randy's a joke.
Randys far from a dick and a joke. Your whole opinion of him is based on what Dana white says, and you should know by now he says something different on any given day.
Chuck toed the line so did hughes, the company line, now they have jobs with the company.
Randy and Tito fought for better pay and two guys that are businessmen in their own right now. They knew they were getting fuc*ed and fought for themselves which they have every right to.
To call a guy like couture who fought for so long at such a high level, took on guys far bigger then him, and won matches against the odds, multiple world champ, a joke is not right dude. You should have a bit of respect for him and not believe every piece of drivel that comes out of Danas mouth
DonRifle is offline   Reply With Quote