MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans knows he'd beat Anderson Silva, not gunning for 'bittersweet' fight

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #95 (permalink)
The Dark Knight
Lightweight

The Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Actually, wrong. I'm completely indifferent towards Rashad, I neither like him nor dislike him. And he's only a bad match up for Anderson IF he fights to a perfect gameplan and executes it perfectly for the entire fight, something which he's never done.
Rashad's never executed a perfect gameplan? Lol, pull the other one, mate. So using his superior speed to counter fight the counter fighterin Chuck Liddell so that Liddell got frustrated and walked into a bomb wasn't a perfect gameplan? Mixing high and low striking with technical wrestling in order confuse Rampage and keep him guessing wasn't a perfect gameplan? I could go on, but then, i'd only be embarrassing you.

Quote:
And his road to the championship was filled with cream puffs, hell, Bisping's the only other high profile fighter I can think of with as many freebie fights on his record. His biggest win in the streak was a washed up Chuck Liddell who had just lost to Keith freakin' Jardine. I'll give him his due for beating Griffin, but let's be honest, he was getting solidly outpointed up until he lucked into a knockdown in round 3.
You're just taking the piss now. You're suggesting Dana, who didn't even rate Rashad up until the Forrest fight, fed Rashad easy fights? Like i've said before, Jason Lambert was a fighter on like a 5 or 6 win streak before being bumped off in convincing fashion by Rashad. Stephen Bonnar has always been a solid fighter. Not great, but he had far more experience than Rashad and Rashad just rag dolled him around like nobody's business. Chuck was a former LHW who was coming off a great performance against Wanderlei Silva. He had only lost to Rampage and had a bad night against Keith Jardine.

He had also fought a super heavyweight in Brad Imes, who whilst not super skilled, had a ridiculous size and height advantage over Rashad.

And so what if he was getting outpointed by Griffin? He was NEVER in any danger in that fight, and Rashad knew it. When he decided that he had enough of the stand up, he took Griffin down and finished him in less than a min.