MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White: 'I'm happy I don't have to be in business' with Randy Couture

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Roflcopter
Kneel Before Christ!

Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Again you seem to be under the asinine assumption that the UFC NEEDED to give Randy title shot after title shot.

You know how much Randy vs Sylvia did? 534k. That's average at best. Or how about the 250 he did when he put him against Coleman when he was past it. He even gave him a soft touch in Vera so he could get another LHW title shot and he failed miserably.

Randy has never been a superstar draw.

And he should be gracious for the opportunity he got...instead he lied and bitched about the millions of dollars he was making even though he had a contract that dictated that he'd make money based on the PPVs that he failed to sell.

He went behind the UFC's head with the whole EA MMA deal and refused to sign his likeness over.

He's just generally been a guy who's been about himself. I'm all for guys getting what's coming from but I'm not for guys thinking they are bigger than the sport or bigger than their companies.

If an NFL player or NBA player had pulled this shit, hell if Rampage had pulled it we'd never hear the end of it about these "overpaid primadonnas".

This guy literally tried to sign to another organization in the middle of his contract for God's sake.