MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans knows he'd beat Anderson Silva, not gunning for 'bittersweet' fight

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #101 (permalink)
aerius
Featherweight

aerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Rashad remembered that he had something over Forrest. I don't know about Forrest breaking his hand or whatever, but I know that Rashad took him down the moment he realised he was out pointed, and then that was it. You're trying to tell me that even if Forrest had broken his hand, it would have saved him from the ground and point assault that Rashad put on him yeah??? Besides, it wasn't that bad, Rashad was outpointed yeah, but he was so confident in Forrest's lack of power that he stood and taunted him before taking him down in the next round and ending it. Easy decision? Lol, the harder strikes were thrown by Rashad.
If you read the interviews from back then, the reason Forrest had trouble defending himself after he got taken down was because his hand was broken. He couldn't get wrist control (a broken hand gets in the way there) and eventually he ate too many punches and got put out.

With regards to not respecting Forrest's power, the way you do that is the Anderson Silva fight or the Shogun rematch. As in dodge or walk through everything Griffin can throw and knock his ass out in the 1st round.

Quote:
Yes, Rashad used terrible game plans versus Machida and Jones. So, what, he's doomed to have bad game plans everytime he has a championship fight? He isn't capable of executing a good game plan against Silva all because he didn't against Jones and Machida?? Rashad often learns from his mistakes. He adapts, it's one of the reasons he became the champ.
Yeah, he learned so well from the Machida fight that he did the same thing all over again in the Jones fight. Yup, let's stand & trade with a better striker who also has better range control, and forget about wrestling. Brilliant! I guess it's possible that Machida hit him so hard that he can't remember the fight, and that's why he fought the same way against Jones.
aerius is offline   Reply With Quote