Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Marc Laimon is a sissy

11K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  KillerG 
#1 ·
Whats with this guy???

I think he seems to be your typical sports fan, and comes off like one of the fans that The UFC has been getting since they started getting all mainstream.
Doesn't fight, never has??? ...and talks that much crap.

I hate this man

#2 ·
Some people are just a better coach then fighter. He doesn't want to fight, and they probably only aire what's going to sell. Since he doesn't fight in the UFC and he is going to be on TV, they're going to need to make him interesting. They don't care if you hate him or like him since he is not someone you will be paying to see anyways.

#5 ·
AtomDanger said:
Whats with this guy???

I think he seems to be your typical sports fan, and comes off like one of the fans that The UFC has been getting since they started getting all mainstream.
Doesn't fight, never has??? ...and talks that much crap.

I hate this man
I also dont like him. Hes kinda of a sissy. He also made fun of royce gracie kinda. Im with atom i really dont like him.

#6 ·
He just seems like your typical sports fan who i hate.

Doesnt play the sport, but will sit on the side and talk trash when someone catches a loss, or drops the ball you know?

#8 ·
linkster01 said:
I think we all have buddies who know everything about MMA and never have been to a gym or sparred with a real person.
yeah but are they training people, and talking shit about royce gracie on tv? he went out like a punk. if i was on the show i'd just make him fix me drinks.
"fix me a vanilla cognac beeitch" -tron

#11 ·
I kinda find it funny that alot of you guys talk shit about alot of fighters but not alot of you all fight.

so.....hypocrits?

#12 ·
I think Dana White made a mistake bringing some of these trainers on the show. Randy Couture, GSP, Chuck Liddell and Mark Dellagrotte were all cool! It was a big mistake bringing Rich Franklin, Matt Hughes, and Mark Laimon on to the show. They were defintly brought here to create drama and nothing more.

#14 ·
The best part of Serra's tirade after he cut Laimon down to size was when you watch Matt Hughes' face.

His expression says: WTF did I just start? I just figured I'd start a little shit and get some laughs. Shit, Serra's really lighting this guy on fire.

I was laughing my head off on Thursday night when I saw it. Laimon can say what he wants. But, as a professional, he should show more respect for fighters PERIOD.

#15 ·
hutchykurt said:
The best part of Serra's tirade after he cut Laimon down to size was when you watch Matt Hughes' face.

His expression says: WTF did I just start? I just figured I'd start a little shit and get some laughs. Shit, Serra's really lighting this guy on fire.

I was laughing my head off on Thursday night when I saw it. Laimon can say what he wants. But, as a professional, he should show more respect for fighters PERIOD.

haha yeah, maybe he didn't think it would go that far.

#18 ·
I just saw the episode today where Serra confronted Laimon. It was hilarious. Hughes seems like kind of an ass. GSP should've tooken his belt a bit early if you ask me. It was funny as hell though. Hughes is in the back laughing it up. Laimon is sittin there speechless pretty much the whole time. And the other fighters were like HOLY SHIT he actually told him up.:laugh:

#19 ·
Spit206Fire said:
I kinda find it funny that alot of you guys talk shit about alot of fighters but not alot of you all fight.

so.....hypocrits?
We're talking about two different things here.

I think fans of a sport are allowed to voice their opinions, however poorly-informed they may be. We buy the tickets, the pay-per-views, the t-shirts. So I don't think it's hypocritical of a fan to make over-the-top comments about a fighter (although I don't particularly care for it myself).

But Laimon's not just a fan or some yahoo on a barstool. He's a trainer. He's been around MMA long enough to know what it takes to get in the ring/octagon. I think it really hurts his professional credibility to disrespect fighters the way he does when he is unwilling (or unable) to do what they do.

Guys like him are the reason people say "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."

All that to say I thought he came across as a complete prick.

Reactions: BigRandy
#20 ·
I hope it's not taboo to ressurect an old thread here.

Serra's assertion that he "does not fight" is only kinda true. He doesn't fight MMA, but he is a world submission and grappling expert who has beaten a lot of tough opponents in BJJ and grappling tournaments.
You don't have to be a total MMA fighter to coach well, and from what I've seen on the show he coaches what he is best at, BJJ. I've never seen him try to teach standup striking, for instance.

In the context of dissing the Royce's MMA skills, he really should be more respectful since he doesn't fight MMA. But he is hardly some "average fan" like some people claim. He may be an asshole, but he is a grappling and submissions savant.

#21 ·
laimon just got a bit too big for his britches on the show. serra was very willing to slap him back to reality. i do think laimon was a bit emabarrased by the whole thing.:laugh:

#24 ·
wrong season but still, the guy is an ass. Trying to run down Royce who helped make MMA what it is today is pathetic. If he wants to run down Royce he should beat him first, wether its BJJ or MMA. But until he writes cheques his ass can cash he should keep his mouth shut.

#26 ·
KillerG said:
wrong season but still, the guy is an ass. Trying to run down Royce who helped make MMA what it is today is pathetic. If he wants to run down Royce he should beat him first, wether its BJJ or MMA. But until he writes cheques his ass can cash he should keep his mouth shut.
Wouldn't that apply to 99.9% of everyone on the forums? If that were a reality or law, this place would be even less busy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.