MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #218 (permalink)
dvonfunk
Flyweight

dvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
I don't believe for one second that Edgar prepared so much better for this fight than Aldo did, not one second. They work like beasts in that gym.

His conditioning is more likely a result of the fact that he has to cut more weight than Edgar, simple as that.
Yes, yes, we all hear how that camp is full of killers, and it certainly appears to be, but if Aldo is cutting so much weight that he can't make it to the third without noticeably slowing, then he really shouldn't be at 145 anymore. It's not like he took any damage in those first two rounds.

I mean come on, he's the champ. There's just no excuse for that IMO. He's going to be fighting the best of the best, he needs to be prepared to go into those championship rounds. He's not going to finish everyone within the first two rounds. Cage rust, injuries in training, the weight cut, they're all excuses. It's as if he's the only one that has to deal with that stuff. Give me a break. Every fighter deals with that.

We've seen it from him before and unless he dedicates time to his conditioning like a champion should, we're going to keep seeing it from him, and he's never going to realize his true potential. It's as simple as that. He didn't gas completely, and he beat a super tough dude in the process, I get that. I just think he's still just scratching the surface.
dvonfunk is offline   Reply With Quote