MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Welterweight Division

View Single Post

Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
My personal top twenty five at this point

1. GSP
2. Carlos Condit
3. Johny Hendricks
4. Rory Macdonald
5. Nick Diaz
6. Demain Maia
7. Josh Koscheck
8. Jon Fitch
9. Martin Kampmann
10. Tarec Saffiedine
11. Mike Pierce
12. Nate Marquardt
13. Jake Ellenberger
14. Tyron Woodley
15. Mike Pyle
16. John Hathaway
17. Siyar Bahadurza
18. Erick Silva
19. Dong Hyun Kim
(Brian Ebersole)*
20. Thiago Alves
21. Seth Baczynski
22. Matt Brown
23. Rick Story
24. Claude Patrick
25. Dan Hardy
*Ebersole is moving to LW

And the top ten fights I would like to see based on these rankings

10. Dan Hardy(25) vs Thiago Alves(20), I think the UFC is only big enough for one former title contending slugger. This is a fight that could main event in Brazil or England and go five rounds to a finish.

09. Jake Ellenberger(13) vs John Hathaway(16), You look at Jakes record against wrestlers and...well....he doesn't have much in the way of them. I'm not sold on Jake as a top ten guy I think Hathaway would crush his cardio and continue to expose the many holes in his game.

08. Claude Patrick(24) vs Erick Silva(18) I feel like this could be a future trilogy in the making. Both guys are well rounded explosive and main card stays. This could be the WW version of Fisher/Stout.

07. Mike Pierce(11) vs Nate Marquardt(12) Personally I feel like Pierce is the top ten gatekeeper of the WW division. Nate's a big time star but I wonder if he can handle the deep waters of the division. This could also give Pierce a chance to break out at the WW divisions best kept secret.

06. Demain Maia(6) vs Nick Diaz(5) I feel like Maia is a win away from facing GSP. I also think he could be the biggest threat GSP has ever faced. The real issue is Maia's standup and the best boxer in the top ten today is Diaz. A post title fight from Diaz makes a lot of sense to me.

05. Tarec Saffiedine (10) vs Martin Kampmann (9) Martin Kampmann may in fact never fight for a title but he can face every guy who will fight for the title. I imagine this fight will be sponsored by K-1 and we will not see any takedowns.

04. Rory Macdonald(4) vs Tyron Woodley(14) Ever wonder what an MMA fight of Apollo Creed vs Clubber Lang would look like? Put this baby on Fox play those slow replay shots and enjoy the pain. Even if Woodley loses I doubt he would lose any ground.

03. Josh Koscheck(7) vs Jon Fitch(8) The division is only big enough for one of these guys. Fitch is showing a lot of wear and tear on him while Koscheck seems to be set at a certain level.

02. Johny Hendricks(3) vs Yoshiro Akiyama(UR) because one loses upwards and the other wins downwards and seeing these two fight would be hilarious.

01. Carlos Condit(2) vs GSP(1) II The number one fight I want to see is the rematch between these two. I feel like Carlos gets better everytime we see him while GSP gets stronger. GSP may have a number of contenders but few actually give you exciting matches, Condit does and I would like to see him rewarded with another shot at some point.
John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote