Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

First Fight Saturday...Help

2K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  wukkadb 
#1 ·
Ok guys I have my first fight coming up Saturday, It is unnoficial but it is important to me...What kind of training/warming up should I do? Please help.

#4 ·
jcmeagher said:
Ok guys I have my first fight coming up Saturday, It is unnoficial but it is important to me...What kind of training/warming up should I do? Please help.

to really start to train right now is a bit late. with less than 3 days is usless in my belief, go in with what you know. you fight day should be same warmups as you do everyday, building a good sweat before it is time to take action... long ago i had an idea of saving my lungs by not warming up, when i competed i was slower and weaker, got tired even faster, because it took too much energy to try to move my tight stiff muscles. from then on i always put in a nice warmup. i keep pretty much the same routine as when i workout at practice.

#7 ·
kishiro said:
to really start to train right now is a bit late. with less than 3 days is usless in my belief, go in with what you know. you fight day should be same warmups as you do everyday, building a good sweat before it is time to take action... long ago i had an idea of saving my lungs by not warming up, when i competed i was slower and weaker, got tired even faster, because it took too much energy to try to move my tight stiff muscles. from then on i always put in a nice warmup. i keep pretty much the same routine as when i workout at practice.

Not saying I havint yet, I workout everyday lol. But I want to know specific warmups I should do the day before and the day of.

#15 ·
lol, sorry guys, he broke his foot (figures) so we had to reschedule:mad: ... Next saturday now, so I got some more time to train, only good part about it I guess.

#16 ·
jcmeagher said:
lol, sorry guys, he broke his foot (figures) so we had to reschedule:mad: ... Next saturday now, so I got some more time to train, only good part about it I guess.
your f*cked buddy, he is one tough mofo. he breaks his foot and rescheaduls for one week, your fighting superman!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.