MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Welterweight Division

View Single Post

Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
I think he's trying to accomplish a pay check and he's ready to step into the title picture when/if GSP loses. It's the same thing with Miletich/Newton/Hughes.
If GSP loses he will be right back in the title picture. The UFC wouldn't be able to stand their biggest star not holding a belt.

1 basically has to move to 185 if both are going to take on top 5 guys. And Rory is bigger than GSP. He is taller by a couple inches and is still filling out.

But they are both scared of Anderson Silva.

I just don't think it is a good move by the UFC to have Rory knock off top 5 guys if it is never going to amount to wanting a title shot.

Cormier is a top 3 HW. Yet he is willing to drop all the way to 205 because his guy is champ. Shields went to 185 when Diaz started running 170 in SF. I feel like Machida and Anderson have a mutual understanding of not being in the same division as they are both elite fighters.

Just seems like if Rory beats Condit....then what? He beats Maia? Then what? I guess they could just give him guys that lose to GSP.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote