MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Welterweight Division

View Single Post

Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
I think he's trying to accomplish a pay check and he's ready to step into the title picture when/if GSP loses. It's the same thing with Miletich/Newton/Hughes.
If GSP loses he will be right back in the title picture. The UFC wouldn't be able to stand their biggest star not holding a belt.

1 basically has to move to 185 if both are going to take on top 5 guys. And Rory is bigger than GSP. He is taller by a couple inches and is still filling out.

But they are both scared of Anderson Silva.

I just don't think it is a good move by the UFC to have Rory knock off top 5 guys if it is never going to amount to wanting a title shot.

Cormier is a top 3 HW. Yet he is willing to drop all the way to 205 because his guy is champ. Shields went to 185 when Diaz started running 170 in SF. I feel like Machida and Anderson have a mutual understanding of not being in the same division as they are both elite fighters.

Just seems like if Rory beats Condit....then what? He beats Maia? Then what? I guess they could just give him guys that lose to GSP.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote