MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Welterweight Division

View Single Post

Old 02-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #35 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgetheweak View Post
IMO:

1. GSP
2. Winner of MacDonald/Condit
3. Hendricks
4. Loser of MacDonald/Condit
5. Ellenberger
6. Maia
7. Diaz
8. Saffiedine
9. Kampmann
10. Koscheck

The top 5 is kind of a cluster-**** right now... So it's really up for grabs.
Okay I'm glad to see a true Ellenberger fanboy here. Explain this to me, Ellenberger is 2-1 in his last three fights but

1. The Jay Hieron fight was not an impressive performance in my eyes. I feel like a top ten guy should be able to run through Jay he just out struck and outwrestled him a bit.

2. He lost to Martin Kampmann and it wasn't a decision he was finished. He put up a good first round but he was done after four minutes.

3. His fight with Diego was great, but Diego had him in full mount at the end and the officials could have called it.

Yet you rank him at #5 ahead of Koscheck and Diaz who lost controversial decisions to Condit/Hendricks. You've got him ahead of Martin Kampmann who beat him, of Demian Maia who beat three arguably better opponents. For me now that Bisping's done he's the most overrated fighter in the UFC today. But I would really like to hear for someone who obviously believes in this guy why he's top five.
John8204 is online now   Reply With Quote