MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The hypocrisy of the Bendo hate

View Single Post

Old 02-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #73 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Super Heavyweight

MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Ok then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Do you consider the UFC a political business establishment?

The fact remains, Bud Light, and Harley Davidson are usng their agreement with the UFC as a means of promoting a consumer product, not a political agenda.
Are you trying somehow to disconnect political and financial affairs? Politics is everywhere, and I mean everywhere, specially in business. Politics is just part of our daily lives. When you tell your mom her food is delicious when in fact she oversalted it that day, you are being politcal. So yes. UFC, Dana and all the promoters and whoever else you name are political.
Quote:
I will reiterate how easily combustible the subject of religion is. By thanking "god" and saying in a very animated fashion that "I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST" after each victry, Henderson is implying that there is a god and that he can fight at such a high level "because of HIM". I find that notion personally offensive, as someone who rejects the idea of an omnipotent god and as someone who rejects the divine legitimacy of the Bible. I get that the idea of Christianity is to "spread the word" but religion (like one's sex life) and public life should not be symbiotic, they should be seperate. Henderson has every right to be a Christian and to practice his fath or thank his god. In private.
He utilizes a different operational system than yours and you are not interested in understanding (understanding I emphasize, you don't need to accept) because you have your own truth. He is praising his God because that is who he gets power from where others rely on a horse shoe. When religious fighters thank God for the victory, it doesn't mean God helped him to kick somebody's ass, but to thank for the opportunity of making a good job. The subject is combustible for those who are intolerants. You are being intolerant, Ari. Let the guy be. Actually nobody needs to be right or wrong about the Universe. We know very little and thats a fact you can count on.

Quote:
The UFC enjoys a reputation as being a secular, apolitical establishmnt that draws from a diverse crowd across the political, cultural, and religious spectrum. Allowing such vibrant expressions of faith that Ben Henderson engage in could endanger this status and possibly put the UFC in a bad light.
Wrong. Although politics is everywhere, as mentioned, itīs the freedom of speech that allows more and more people to congregate and coexist.

Religion is a personal choice but it is rather a collective thing. If you and others want to say religion should always be kept in privacy lets cancel all Christmas and Thanksgiving advertisements and never say Merry Christmas again, until there, either we accept other people beliefs or we are to blame for our own hypocrisy.