MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The hypocrisy of the Bendo hate

View Single Post

Old 02-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #75 (permalink)
mmaswe82
Shogun

mmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Do you consider the UFC a political business establishment?

The fact remains, Bud Light, and Harley Davidson are usng their agreement with the UFC as a means of promoting a consumer product, not a political agenda. I will reiterate how easily combustible the subject of religion is. By thanking "god" and saying in a very animated fashion that "I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST" after each victry, Henderson is implying that there is a god and that he can fight at such a high level "because of HIM". I find that notion personally offensive, as someone who rejects the idea of an omnipotent god and as someone who rejects the divine legitimacy of the Bible. I get that the idea of Christianity is to "spread the word" but religion (like one's sex life) and public life should not be symbiotic, they should be seperate. Henderson has every right to be a Christian and to practice his fath or thank his god. In private.

The UFC enjoys a reputation as being a secular, apolitical establishmnt that draws from a diverse crowd across the political, cultural, and religious spectrum. Allowing such vibrant expressions of faith that Ben Henderson engage in could endanger this status and possibly put the UFC in a bad light.

And no worries buddy No offense taken. I just didn't want you to get the wrong idea about me.
I totally agree with all of this. If only the site would allow me to rep you again.