MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White says Rashad Evans lost the desire and drive to compete

View Single Post

Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biowza View Post
That's assuming he beats those B level fighters. I don't think the UFC will ever cut Rashad, he's too much of a draw. I see him becoming more of a high level "gatekeeper" you have to beat to have a shot at the title.

Also, this is the first time I've posted here in like 3 years, wooo.
Well thats kind of the point. If the guy cant beat B level fighters anymore then he should be let go or take a serious pay deduction. (Rashads name will always have value so at the right price he is a good profit)

I never liked that the UFC gives some guys elite after elite fights and then lets them go if they lose too many. Though Lil Nog might not be a elite fighter he is still very good and IMO hovers around B+ to A-. If his wrestling was better he would be a threat for alot of the top guys.

Iv seen guys let go that could probably still beat 75% of the division. It just never made much sense to me. I know they got 3 losses in a row or whatever but maybe if for the third fight they gave them an average opponent they would have gotten the win. In some sense its weird to let the better fighter go because they have 3 losses in a row to great fighters but keep the crappy fighters around because they havent fought anybody good so they havent lost.