Join Date: Apr 2010
UFC 156 fighter salaries
Rashad Evans and Alistair Overeem were both the big winners and the big losers at UFC 156, taking home the night's biggest purses but also losing out on the biggest bonuses as well as likely title shots.
Evans, the former UFC light-heavyweight champion who probably would have been offered a chance to drop to middleweight and face Anderson Silva if he had won, had the night's largest guaranteed purse, earning $300,000 in his unanimous decision loss to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira according to numbers released to MMA Fighting through the Nevada state athletic commission. Overeem's purse was the very specific amount of $285,714.29.
How costly were the losses for both men?
Evans lost out on a cool $215,000 win bonus, while Overeem could have earned an additional $142,857.14 if he had won. The defeat will also keep Overeem from facing heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez.
Event headliner and featherweight champion Jose Aldo pocketed $240,000 total for his unanimous decision win over Frankie Edgar at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Aldo earned a $120,000 purse and the same-sized win bonus for defending his belt for the sixth straight time.
Full UFC 156 salary information is below.
- Jose Aldo - $240,000 ($120,000 purse/$120,000 win bonus)
- Frankie Edgar - $120,000
- Rashad Evans - $300,000
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira - $174,000 ($107,000/$67,000)
- Antonio Silva - $70,000 ($70,000 purse/$0 win bonus)
- Alistair Overeem - $285,714.29
- Demian Maia - $120,000 ($60,000/$60,000)
- Jon Fitch - $66,000
- Joseph Benavidez - $60,000 ($30,000/$30,000)
- Ian McCall - $9,000
- Evan Dunham $46,000 ($23,000/$23,000)
- Gleison Tibau - $33,000
- Tyron Woodley - $87,000 ($43,500/$43,500)
- Jay Hieron - $12,000
- Bobby Green - $20,000 ($10,000/$10,000)
- Jacob Volkmann - $22,000
- Isaac Vallie-Flagg - $20,000 ($10,000/$10,000)
- Yves Edwards - $21,000
- Dustin Kimura - $16,000 ($8,000/$8,000)
- Chico Camus - $8,000
- Francisco Rivera - $16,000 ($8,000/$8,000)
- Edwin Figueroa - $10,000
Note: The above numbers only reflect guaranteed amounts, and do not include any bonuses including pay-per-view revenue earned by some of the promotion's biggest names. For example, Aldo and Edgar each earned another $50,000 apiece after their bout was pegged as the Fight of the Night. So did Silva and Green, who won Knockout of the Night and Submission of the Night, respectively.
Ian McCall gets NO love