MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White says Rashad Evans lost the desire and drive to compete

View Single Post

Old 02-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
H33LHooK
Bantamweight

H33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Well thats kind of the point. If the guy cant beat B level fighters anymore then he should be let go or take a serious pay deduction. (Rashads name will always have value so at the right price he is a good profit)

I never liked that the UFC gives some guys elite after elite fights and then lets them go if they lose too many. Though Lil Nog might not be a elite fighter he is still very good and IMO hovers around B+ to A-. If his wrestling was better he would be a threat for alot of the top guys.

Iv seen guys let go that could probably still beat 75% of the division. It just never made much sense to me. I know they got 3 losses in a row or whatever but maybe if for the third fight they gave them an average opponent they would have gotten the win. In some sense its weird to let the better fighter go because they have 3 losses in a row to great fighters but keep the crappy fighters around because they havent fought anybody good so they havent lost.
If I read that stat in the other thread correctly, this is the first non-title fight Rashad has ever lost.

He's not getting cut.

He just needs to re-invent himself, sort his personal sh!t out, and train with the best.

H33LHooK is offline   Reply With Quote