Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Brock Vs unroided Overeem? (same overeem that got KOd by bigfoot)

7K views 71 replies 37 participants last post by  Woodenhead 
#1 ·
hi all

i've been really thinking the last few days since big foot violently knocked out Overeem.

and before i start, please to all the Brock haters; i am not saying he is the greatest heavyweight of all time nor am i trying to hype him up saying he was an elite martial artist...

however, had overeem not been juiced up to the shithouse against brock, would the out come of their NYE 2010 showdown had been any different?? what do you think?

go back to the Brock Vs overeem fight, to me it just looked as though brock was not able to match overeems strength and power. overeem was tossing brock around the cage like brock was one division below him. and before people jump in to say Cain did the same, Cain used world class technique and skill to beat brock. where as overeem was just too strong. those viscious knees and so effortlessly being able to keep brock against the fence... like he just seemed so strong and powerful. too strong..

against bigfoot overeem was definately not as strong. some might dismiss it as him being too cocky and not respecting bigfoot which i agree with, but surely he lost alot of his strength and possibly self beleif knowing he wasnt juiced...

purpose of this thread is to know if you guys think the outcome of that fight would of been significantly different if overeem wasnt juicing.

cheers:thumb03:

See less See more
#45 ·
Some pretty lame excuses here and people clinging for dear life to the "foot of colon" theory without having a clue what they're talking about. The colon is about 6 foot long and is the large intestine so it doesn't really do anything much except suck up a bit of water and store up your crap. Missing a few inches isn't going to make a difference to anything that counts. Would love to know how this equates to getting outwrestled or curling up like a bunny whenever he gets popped on the chin.:dunno:

The guy was a flat track bully who got found out. Simple. He was still kind of fun to watch though and I wouldn't have minded seeing roided Brock vs unroided Reem but I reckon, even off the roids, Overeem has too much for him.

#46 ·
anyone who thinks that steroids played a role in the results of the last fight, has no idea at all about how r why it works, and how it had 0 effect on the fight. Funny how overeem looked and weighed the same with and without. If anyone doesnt udnerstand the T:E ratio of overeem, was it off yes, but it was not off even close enough to illicit a increased anabolic effect of muscle tissue, It barely passed the threshold for giving a boost to libido. All theses steroid threads are stupid when 99% of you dont have any idea what it entails and make false judgements. Oh ya, and im not a overeem fan at all btw

#50 ·
Thanks for the lesson. Also, great to know you are interested in discussion. I love responses that start with "I don't care what you say i'm leaving after this".

Once again you could not actually give me one piece of evidence that Lesnar actually lost a significant amount of strength, just that it "seemed" that way to you. Even worse, you just keep using the fact Cain stuffed his take downs as evidence of strength loss when he had never fought a wrestler of Cain's caliber in the first place to compare it to. not one that punches him in the face like that anyways. lets not forget that factor.

#53 ·
Who knows if the out come would of been any different.

Reem just seemed so much more aggressive and wanted to get the job against Brock.

Perhaps the steroids gave him that aggression to go in and finish the job and do it quick against Brock. Keeping his hands down against big foot was not over confidence , it was foolishness. The fact that he was not on roids meant his ferociousness and aggression and willingness to end the fight quick wasn't there. You could even argue that the fact he was not on the roids meant he was scared to go in and try to finish because he deemed that as too risky. Jacked up on roids may have given him the mental state required to go in aggressively and finish Bigfoot with out fear.

It's possible that because he wasn't on the roids, he decided to play safe and win the comfortable decision because he did not have enough confidence that he could finish big foot.

Overroid fans, please don't get your knickers in a knot. :)

#54 ·
Roids didn't help him keep his hands up. That's why he lost. Overeem was doing exactly what he should have been doing at first, so if that's how he acts without roids then I don't see the problem. Overeem needed to avoided a brawl, and keep picking him apart. Like you said he got foolish and dropped his hands. Had Overeem come in super aggressive he might have gotten koed in round one.

#62 ·
Brock all the way.

Overeem's vaunted striking was pure roid power supplementing some decent technique. Before the roids, people used to walk through it and KO him on a regular basis, like Chuck and Kharitonov for example. I doubt he'd have the firepower to stop a Brock bullrush without the roids.

#64 ·
Brock took Carwin's punches, still made it, then choked him out in Rd 2. Carwin is widely considered the hardest hitter of all time in MMA.

It was all roids, Overeem can't finish a duck without them. He hasn't had a single finish since he came off and is 1-3. Before he started roids too, his finishes were all cans, subs and a single legit TKO against Kharitonov. Other than that he had zero stopping power, which he's back to now clearly.

#70 ·
Couldn't be more wrong. Overeem basically walked Lesnar down and Lesnar was backpedaling and hesitand where as Overeem was full of confidence. And he didn't really keep him against the cage using strength. He was striking from a distance, Lesnar himself didn't circle out and was keen on staying against it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.