Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban the negative reps

4K views 53 replies 25 participants last post by  Kameleon 
#1 ·
Ok i think we need to ban the negative rep and save those warnings etc. for the mods,

I recently got a negative rep saying "you suck my **** you *****" and he didn't even leave hes name, but i looked through the thread and i made about 3 posts saying nothing bad to anything it was on topic although i what i said turned out not to be true but it wasn't anything bad.

I don't see the point of negative reps...people just give them out because they don't agree with someone, i say ban them because if someone does something bad enough to deserve one wouldn't they be able to get a suspension anyway?

#3 ·
People abuse the negative rep though...people don't give people positive reps because they don't like someone.

If someone posts something good ill rep them but i've never given out a negative rep why? because its pointless...if someone does something bad enough that they deserve them they should get suspended and whats the other reason people get them? there isn't one people just give them out because they don't agree with someone.

#4 ·
then what's the point of having rep at all?

what should happen is usernames should be tagged on both pos and neg rep...but taking out the neg rep deems the whole system pretty useless.

some people deserve neg rep. go to other forums and people actually flaunt it.

mmabot, for example, had a red box i believe and definitly deserved it.

plus, someone who deals out negative rep is likely someone who gets neg rep himself or doesnt have a lot of pos rep.

and, when someone with far less rep than you, negative reps you, it has little to no effect. thats how the system works.

#6 ·
I posted this in a can fedor be beat thread

it will happen, and yes get him in a ring with out ropes. he is a good fighter but he definately can be beat

this in a why cro cop got beat thread

He just got beat get over it, he got fair and square and it wasn't because he was less skilled or because he took his opponite lightly, or the ufc lightly he just got beat live with it. why did he lose because the other guy beat him period.

this one in a what should the ufc change immediately

they already do give bonuses for ko's and submissions

they need more good fighters in their hw division, this division has always bored me when i watch the ufc(randy not included in previous statment but guess who is ill give you a guess his shorts stink real bad!)

no more tito vs dana like shows where there is no fight if you put the ufc name on it I want to see a fight

get better talent for the TUF the fights on this years seasons are boring

besides that I kinda like the ufc the way it is

I got neggitive repped on all of these. I try hard to give out positive post and when people ask for my oppinion i give it, it makes me not want to post for you can get neg repped for anything

#8 ·
I got 2 neg reps.....1 for defending Matt Hughes because he believes in GOD. Which in my opinion whether you have faith in GOD or not shouldn't open the door for attacks. I was called a twit because I believe in GOD. I can live with it....I've been called worse.

The other one was for a post I did today agreeing with another poster about the Wang fight on TUF5......didn't say nothing just agreed.

They don't leave their name so you can't track em. It wouldn't be so bad if they had to leave a name and a reason but, to just -rep someone for disagreeing with an opinion if it's light, shouldn't bring a -rep. It's all hogwash. I'll +rep if I like the post or whatever but I see no point in it all if someone just doesn't like you.

#9 · (Edited)
anton said:
then what's the point of having rep at all?

what should happen is usernames should be tagged on both pos and neg rep...but taking out the neg rep deems the whole system pretty useless.

some people deserve neg rep. go to other forums and people actually flaunt it.

mmabot, for example, had a red box i believe and definitly deserved it.

plus, someone who deals out negative rep is likely someone who gets neg rep himself or doesnt have a lot of pos rep.

and, when someone with far less rep than you, negative reps you, it has little to no effect. thats how the system works.
I strongly disagree...neg reps are not necessary..they are just venues for cowards who hide in anonymity. I've been called names from.."queer",mom-related stuff, to "suck my ****" by these invisible fairies ...very random and irrelevant, so it's clear that the neg rep is BS!
If someone thinks a post deserves a negative review, then why not have the spine to say it out in the open (in the thread itself) where he/she'll be held accountable? I've been tempted to dish out the neg rep as well like when Emperor had that swastika sig. Instead, it was called-out in the open. Guess what? Problem solved; issue clarified.

The pos reps are enough to guage a member's usefullness..if he/she's useless then it'll be reflected.

But if you really want -/+ rep system, why not have full transparency?..including all comments. Let's weed out the keyboard warriors and stop sponsoring cheapshots!

Reactions: M_D
#17 ·
kds13 said:
Anyone who is respectful, who's been here a long time, and is on the forum plenty would make a good mod. I think as the site gets bigger, more mods will help to make the site run smoother and keep the village idiots over at Sherdog. :thumbsup:
Yep i think a more should be good.

And i think you would do a good job if you get the chance to, its easy i once ran music forum and even that was easy.

#18 ·
yeah I have ran a few forums they are not that hard the main thing that gets anoying is the constent whinning and complaining of people against you for they think you should have done something differently. All you have to do is please the masses but also remember the ones that stay loyal, make no exceptions to your rules and you will do good.

#19 ·
Frustration

This is off topic but i just found out how to view my reps.

If your going to neg rep me be a man and sign it. Don't be *****. I recently viewed neg rep where I stated my opinion about GSP over Koscheck in a respectful manner and i get bashed and called a ***** for it. It's an opinion get over it!!! If i'm bashing someone on this forum than maybe I deserve it but I try my best not to even though it's hard to because this place is full of disrespect.
If your going to neg rep me grown some cojones and sign it!!!!!!

I can take constructive criticism but when I don't know who's doing it or why for that matter it really pisses me off.

#20 ·
southpaw447 said:

If your going to neg rep me be a man and sign it. Don't be *****. I recently viewed neg rep where I stated my opinion about GSP over Koscheck in a respectful manner and i get bashed and called a ***** for it. It's an opinion get over it!!! If i'm bashing someone on this forum than maybe I deserve it but I try my best not to even though it's hard to because this place is full of disrespect.

I can take constructive criticism but when I don't know who's doing it or why for that matter it really pisses me off.
Yea, it sucks. Everyone is complaining but nothing can be done about it apparently. I gave you rep and I think I give 6 points so unless you got more than 6 neg reps they should be neutralized. I just don't want you to have a red bar then people won't take your posts seriously.

People are just being gay cuz they know it pisses us off.

#21 · (Edited)
ask Trey B. He knows.

...or ask chunkylove360 and matt_serra_fan. They like doing that kind of sh!t.

#23 ·
Just go to your User CP off to the right, right above the "UPGRADE YOU MEMBERSHIP" Icon. It shows all the threads you have posted in and beneath that it shows any rep you may have gotten.

I'm pretty sure I've repped you before so you should have at least one rep.

#24 ·
southpaw447 said:

Yeah it pretty much stinks but I guess there is nothing the mods get do about it, there was a thread on this before and we were told that there really isn't anything that can be done to change the system, I repped you to make up for the neg rep.

#26 ·
Reactions: M_D
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.