MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 17 Discussion

View Single Post

Old 02-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #119 (permalink)
Canadian Psycho
You're Welcome.

Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V03 View Post
Luke is one of his top guys..? Must be a very low talent pool. Was anyone really impressed with Luke's performance against Gilbert? Sloppy ground game, stand up, defense, and won due to a circumstantial flying knee. (He would have probably won the decision, but Smith had a bad gameplan. He kept clinching and attempting take downs even though it was clear he was having no success, but looked okay when he actually stood and traded) Luke is 6'6" with awful distance utilization against a 5'9" middleweight. Is he really one of the top guys on the show? :confused05
I don't think it's a 'low talent pool'. Sonnen actually has several better fighters than Luke on his team. Chael professed to see a lot of raw potential in Luke, as well as reach and cardio. Does that make him worthy of being the number one pick? I'm not so sure... I would have jumped all over Hall. But then Sonnen is a smart man and sometimes sees things other don't.

Either way, he's picked the fighter that will take his team to the finals.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote