MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Chael Sonnen....

View Single Post

Old 02-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
MMATycoon
Bantamweight

MMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
well yeah, chael's got a lot of experience with failure. he was born into an extremely wealthy and affluent family and had every advantage growing up, yet in terms of his actual accomplishments, he's a felon (who rolled on his partners in conspiracy to avoid jail time, and destroyed his chances of becoming a politician which should have been hilariously easy coming from his pedigree), a fighter with only a decent record and a serious weakness to submission, someone who has made public statements and then lied to cover them up, oh, and had some suspect fake tap moments. that's a lot of failure to cope with in a lifetime.

gaining the respect of people through carefully scripted media comedy and camera editing is extremely impressive though and i can see how he feels like he overcame adversity there, so his statement hits me deep inside my heart as well.
what makes you think his family was wealthy? I seriously doubt that since he grew up in a black neighborhood Statistically speaking that probably means he didn't grow up rich.
MMATycoon is offline   Reply With Quote