MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Josh Koscheck might take some time off, do some bad things, then fight for a title

View Single Post

Old 02-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World RenownJohn8204 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
I don't know if Bisping is quite as far down as Kongo but I do agree he is below Fitch for sure. I don't think simply earning a title shot means you are better though because there are circumstances that go into it. For example Dan Hardy can't possibly be considered to have had a better career then Bisping. I don't think Thiago Alves has either. Certianly Leties hasn't had the same quality career. I think Bisping is closer to Kenny Florian, even though Kenny did get title shots.
Bisping might be better than some of the guys that have gotten title shots (Buentello, Eilers, Hardy, Hominick, Abbott, Leites) but the issue is greatest fighter to never win a title, you have to fight for the title and Bisping didn't and won't ever do that. Thiago Alves earned his title shot and did so by defeated top ten guys. Lytle, Hughes, Kos, and Karo is a pretty amazing run and personally I would even rank a Chris Lytle or Karo Parisyan over a Michael Bisping.

As for Kenny Florian, the kid earned his three title shots and he's likely going in the Hall of Fame. Bisping had three chances to earn three title fights and he failed each time while Florian had four chances to earn title fights and he won three of them.
John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote