MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC reveals Vitor Belfort used testosterone replacement therapy for UFC on FX 7

View Single Post

Old 02-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #54 (permalink)
Anteries
MMA Fanatic

Anteries has much to be proud ofAnteries has much to be proud ofAnteries has much to be proud ofAnteries has much to be proud ofAnteries has much to be proud ofAnteries has much to be proud ofAnteries has much to be proud ofAnteries has much to be proud ofAnteries has much to be proud ofAnteries has much to be proud ofAnteries has much to be proud of
I've not read the entirety of this very interesting thread. But I for one am absolutely disgusted by TRT use in this sport. I'm 41 years old, started martial arts was 9 years old and have always been a fan of all combat sports and martial arts. I'm only mentioning this so you know a little where I'm coming from.

People get up in arms when I say this, but the outcome of fights are far more random than the hero worshipping types would like to believe. And a significant variable is the state of mind of the fighter. Testosterone is known to ramp up aggression self-confidence and put people in a more violent state of mind. This alone in my view is a huge unfair advantage not taking into account the physical ability enhancement.

I can't believe people who believe the complete garbage about people putting in a tiny amount of testosterone into their system to bring it up to normal levels. How can anyone be that naive.

Anyway it stinks to high heaven and I have utter disgust and contempt for the fighters that use it. There's a strong possibility that TRT use leads the sport to be looked at as dirty and a sort of X-rated entertainment. Who's got the start and support sporting academies for young people to do MMA When this odious corruption and cheating is rife.
Anteries is offline   Reply With Quote