MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Walking Dead Season 4

View Single Post

Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #128 (permalink)
luckbox
Cheeky freak of the week

luckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
I'm a huge Breaking Bad fan but so far I don't find a single bad thing about Homeland. They've put on two great seasons that got me emotionally invested into literally every character. Meanwhile on Breaking Bad I'm really hoping Skyler and her sister would just go away so I can see more of the characters that still have a purpose.
Marie is kind of a dud but Skylar plays a huge role throughout as Walters wife, who he has to constantly keep under wraps, lie to her yet protect her from harm. It's the Sopranos school of showmaking where everything revolves around the main character and his many relationships in basically two different worlds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
As for Homeland being better than BB, season 1 of Homeland is near flawless television IMO and it features one of, if not THE most tense and nerve wrecking scenes in tv history. (You guys will know what I'm talking about). Season 2 how ever was over all, no where near as good as season 1. It was still very solid, and the second half was much better and had a great ending, but it wasn't a patch on the first season because of the huge mystery and guessing game factor the first season had. So it goes below Breaking Bad for me.
I can't really explain why I prefered season 2, to be honest I don't remember season 1 that well, it's on my re-watch list for sure. I know exactly what scene you are talking about and Damian Lewis knocked it out of the park with that one, he looked in such agony and despair, just wonderful acting. The Brody/Carrie love story has to be one of the only relationship on TV and film which doesn't feel forced and cliched at all.
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned though, The Shield tops them all. Since I have been done with The Shield all of my regular tv shows which I used to LOVE are now just moderately entertaining. The Shield has left a gap in my television entertainment world which can't seem to be filled.
I discuss TV series quite alot on the interwebs, and I've never heard anyone praise The Shield quite as much as that. I do agree it's a phenomenal show, and would make my top 10. Infact, heres a hastily put together top 10 drama series:

The Sopranos
Oz
Breaking Bad
The Wire
Homeland
Band Of Brothers
The Shield
Deadwood
Twin Peaks
Six Feet Under

luckbox is offline   Reply With Quote