MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cain vs Bigfoot / JDS vs Overeem @ UFC 160

View Single Post

Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Voiceless
Welterweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I think people are throwing Overeem out of the picture a bit too early.

He was quite easily defeating Bigfoot the first two rounds, more than once he tossed Bigfoot out of the way/down like a child, he didn't even look like he was trying in that fight. He got really cocky and paid for it, but I highly doubt he will do the same against JDS.

Overeem can definitely beat JDS if he plays it smart and is in top form.
But Silva is slow, has not a good striking technique and stood right in front of Overeem, that's something Dos Santos is not and won't do. Before the Silva fight, I thought Overeem could have a reasonable good chance to beat Dos Santos with his kickboxing, but after the first round I thought otherwise and gave Overeem a much much smaller chance to win against Dos Santos (he was cocky and dominant, but still couldn't really hurt Silva)