MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #27274 (permalink)
Freelancer
Lightweight

Freelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
I know you train judo. You have to show technique in BJJ as well but, if you couldn't do it under pressure at full speed out of the gym the most you could hope for was a blue belt not much more unless you were around a really long time. That's purely speaking about the group I was brought up with so I would imagine there are different ways of doing things.

Congratulations by the way and best of luck. Sorry I didn't mean to interrogate you about it, just foreign to me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
No problem. I just thought you didn't realize I was in judo, since my case isn't unusual. In judo, belt tests focus on technique performance. Competition isn't required at all. I'm not sure about the black belt though, before you couldn't get it without competition, now I believe you can.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Sounds like a McBrown belt to me.
As I said, it's a standard procedure in judo. If you were in Serbia you would be welcome to come to the dojo and test your assumption.