MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jake Shields, Back to Welterweight

View Single Post

Old 02-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Yea I was just going to make a thread the other day asking why Shields ever went to WW. He beat Henderson at MW then just ran to WW? He looked iffy vs. Kampmann, had nothing for GSP really, and got KO'd by Ellenberger. Seems like he should stick to MW.

I always thought he got caught for marijuana. I remember Dana getting asked questions by the media and Shield's positive test came up...and he said "I don't know, perhaps he was ganging with the Diaz's a bit before his fight" and sort of laughed.

He should go to MW and stay. How does he expect to beat wrestlers like Kos, Hendricks, and GSP at WW. Plus Nick fights there. Makes little sense to me.
The much more likely scenario is he used a substance attempting to gain mass. Since that is what he said he was attempting to do at the time, gain mass. I seriously doubt it was a recreational drug. If it was I think he would have admitted it.
OU is online now   Reply With Quote