Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Looking to gain some weight.

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  [[ Bapehead ]] 
#1 ·
Hey guys.
So I've recently started training in Muay Thai at Fairtex.
I'm looking for advice for gaining a little bit of weight.
At the moment, I'm 5'7'' and weigh about 128lbs. I literally look like I'm pure skin and bones other than the fact that I've got SOME sort of muscle.
Is there anyway I can get a little 'bigger' than this?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a ton.

#2 ·
take an example from fat people, sit on your ass doing nothing all day and eat while doing so

then when you gain weight, excercise and turn it to muscle

hehe, seriously though, your probably young so your metabolism is high (or low, get that shit confused) so you will probably burn away fat like nothing

#4 ·
thanks for the advice.
i'm not sure about the genetics, my older brother works out at the gym all the time and his body is a lot bigger than mine.
and yeah i guess that i do have somewhat a high metabolism. i've been trying to stuff myself during meals sometimes just to see if i gain any weight, but after i workout or something i'll lose the weight like nothing.
anything i should be eating that will help me 'muscle up' any quicker?

#6 ·
[[ Bapehead ]] said:
thanks for the advice.
i'm not sure about the genetics, my older brother works out at the gym all the time and his body is a lot bigger than mine.
and yeah i guess that i do have somewhat a high metabolism. i've been trying to stuff myself during meals sometimes just to see if i gain any weight, but after i workout or something i'll lose the weight like nothing.
anything i should be eating that will help me 'muscle up' any quicker?
Yeah that's kinda the same thing with me and my brother, I've got a naturally bigger build.

#8 ·
the secret to gaining weight is..........eat
you have to eat lots of food if you want to gain weight .
if you eat good food youll minimize fat gain aswell while gaining muscle mass.muay thai training should build some muscle up aswell especially if yu are doing things like pullups.if you want to weight train to gain some muscle mass then do compound lifts.(try googling rippletoes or 5x5)

#9 ·
You just need to keep your calories high... but make sure they are quality calories (whole wheats, EFA's, high protein). Keep your carbs and proteins high, and watch your fats. you will gain the weight...

keep off the cardio a little and just keep lifting hard. check out Quick Mass by ALLMAX nutrition, they have the carbs/proteins/fats dialed in pretty good.

#12 · (Edited)
Lots of protein will help him loose weight at not gain at 128 depending if your in high school . (Amino acids are protein basically,) Foodstuffs that lack essential amino acids are poor sources of protein equivalents, as the body tends to deaminate the amino acids obtained, converting proteins into fats and carbohydrates. Here is what happens when you eat too much protein. Therefore, a balance of essential amino acids is necessary for a high degree of net protein utilization, which is the mass ratio of amino acids converted to proteins to amino acids supplied. Therefore, causing you to not gain weight but be a stronger 128 to 135 lbs. You wanna eat less protein to gain weight with lots of fats and carbohydrates. The weight you gain will be all fat though, but will help you gain muscle with working out when you get to 150lbs then usually you can get as big or as small as 145 as you want. Some people have their own opinions or theorys on workout diets for high schoolers this is mine. Your body does not work as adults do with protein.

#13 ·
really helpful tip.
thanks to everyone else who gave me advice!
ive been eating more protein than usual (chicken, fish, white meats, etc.) in my meals and have been going to Muay Thai everyday.
i guess according to Boxing>MMA, that won't help me actually gain weight.
i'll start eating more carbs so that i can do so.
thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.