MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cruz vs Barao

Thread: Cruz vs Barao
View Single Post

Old 02-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Way back I said Barao is the guy to watch out for. He fights very similar to Jose Aldo. He did dismantle Faber and beat Scott Jorgensen which are the only testing points I can see between Barao and DC.

DC hasn't fought since October 1, 2011. Renan Barao has fought four times since then. It's very unfortunate that this fight takes place after a long hiatus because if DC loses everybody will be questioning that long layoff. Aside from Octagon rust I think Renan has the fire power, arsenal to hurt DC. He needs to get his conditioning up to par and get those leg kicks going then we'll see a good fight. Barao needs to immobilize DC from the opening bell.

Barao:

- incredible win streak
- fought four times since the last time DC fought
- KO power
- air tight defense
- wide arsenal of attacks
- leg kicks is the key

DC:
- good movement
- good fight IQ
- Octagon awareness
- tricky fighter who can mix it up
- wrestling
- good cardio (no matter how you look at it...he's gonna feel it especially in the later rounds.)

Barao by split.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is online now   Reply With Quote