MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 63 - News & Announcements - Official Thread!

View Single Post

Old 08-28-2006, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
adminmma
Administrator

adminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level nowadminmma is on another level now
Arrow UFC 63 - News & Announcements - Official Thread!

The official MMA UFC 63 Thread.

Quote:
Date: 09/23/2006 10:00 PM ET
Event Type: PPV Live

Quote:
War is on the Menu when Swick Battles Loiseau at UFC 63
By Thomas Gerbasi

He’s paid his dues and battled his way into the UFC middleweight rankings. Now, on Saturday, September 23rd, at the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California, Mike Swick faces his stiffest test in highly regarded contender David Loiseau at UFC 63.

“I’m extremely excited to fight David Loiseau,” said Swick (9-1). “I see him as one of the top middleweights in the UFC and I think it’s a great fight to prove myself.”

Unbeaten in four UFC bouts since appearing on the first season of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ reality show, Swick has ended all of his Octagon fights in the first round, most recently submitting Joe Riggs at UFC 60 in May. In Loiseau (14-5), he will face a seasoned vet who has scored stoppage wins over Evan Tanner and Charles McCarthy, and who most recently went five courageous rounds with UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin in a losing effort. The Montreal native is ready to get back into the title mix, but he won’t look past the rising star in Swick.

“He’s a very good and complete fighter,” said Loiseau. “I’ll not make the same mistake that his other opponents have, which is underestimating him.”

Tickets for UFC 63, which features the welterweight title bout between Matt Hughes and BJ Penn, are available now. To buy tickets, click HERE
adminmma is offline   Reply With Quote