MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 02-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #27403 (permalink)
Freelancer
Lightweight

Freelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By All
I just got back from my judo competition. 4 fights, 3 wins(two armbars,one pin), one loss(via penalty), 3rd place in the end. I didn't really give my best, unfortunately. I wasn't nervous, I was downright scared! Not of beatings or injuries, but of embarrassing myself. The opponents were lesser belts, but with more competition experience. If I had been more aggressive and composed I could have won the gold. On the other hand, I competed with no more training than 3 times a week, with no decent sparring partners, no supplementation and two hours of sleep the night before.

But, I guess I should be satisfied. I learned that competition is a whole other animal. It's chaotic, wild and not something i enjoyed. Maybe I'll do it again, but not soon.