MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva could make welterweight for Georges St. Pierre superfight

View Single Post

Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
TheNinja
Lightweight

TheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
This pretty much sums up the article. At 185 I do not believe GSP has much of a chance. At 170 Anderson will definitely lose muscle mass. In his pre UFC fights he was ultra deadly, but didn't have as much power. GSP can no doubt implement his gnp game plan. If GSP loses at 170 it would be a HUGE embarassment vs him going up to 185. This is an exhibition for the fans and for their legacy. GSP is playing it safe and it looks like the hunter wants its prey at all cost. Like the honey badger who's hungry enough to go after a venomous snake.

Personally I don't like it cuz GSP and camp arn't even compromising to go at 178/180 to put on a show. I get it, they don't want to lose. But that's what separates the champions from the immortals. Anderson has taken many risks already. Risks with absolutely ZERO upsides.

At 37 years of age, Silva dropping down to welterweight would be an unprecedented move in the world of MMA. But with that said, basically everything Silva does in and out of the cage is unprecedented.
He will be 38 in less then 2 months.....