MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Lyoto Machida vs. Dan Henderson Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
Hendo isn't really a wrestler, or he doesn't fight like one anyways.
One of these men has been knocked out before. The other one never has. Machida can't submit Henderson. So he only has 1 way to win, by decision. I don't see him avoiding the big shot for 3 rounds and I don't see how Machida can be the favorite here. Especially how some people are describing it. I don't see it at all. Hendo is rarely the faster fighter in any of his fights. Nothing new there. Can Machida dance around long enough, that's the real question. Because thinking he can finish this fight is wishful thinking that cannot be supported by anything we have seen in the past. Nothing suggest he can finish Dan, nothing.
Machida has worked extensively with Roger Gracie ever since losing to Jones and his ground game is better than Hendo's. So he can indeed submit him, he's not afraid to go for subs as he's shown against Rampage and Sokodjou and if Dan doesn't connect him he will turn into a wrestler trying to hold him against the fence or take him down. Otherwise he gasses and he's easy for Machida to tee off on.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

THE PERFECT RECORD

THE PERFECT FIGHTER
LL is offline   Reply With Quote