MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nate Marquardt steps in to meet Jake Ellenberger at UFC 158

View Single Post

Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Or you could be over analyzing for the sake of over analyzing. 'Card saved' is perfectly acceptable where we've dodged a scrapped fight. I understand what you're getting at... we weren't on the verge of losing the main event. But losing any of the three main bouts would have cheapened this card. There's no denying it.
Yeah the main card would have suffered for sure. The UFC did a very poor job of picking which fights should be on the main card. So yeah it would have hurt the PPV portion of the card way more then it should have. This card is full of WW. Hell even moving up the very exciting youngster Mein would have been just fine with me. I think he would be game vs Ellengerger.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote