MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Another, what do you want to happen? UFC 157 edition

View Single Post

Old 02-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Admit what? lol.

It's closet hate to prefer other fighters? Really? Come on lol. You think nationality actually impacts which fighters certain people hate? For a few arseholes, sure, but I doubt that goes for anyone that's posted in this thread. I couldn't give a shit about nationality when it comes to MMA. My favourite fighter of all time hails from Hawaii. Guess I'd like him more if he was a Eur eh.
I guess it's the unique situation I have with Rampage. I like Rampage. I just like Chuck, Wandy and Hendo more. So often times I was rooting against him. But I still consider myself a Rampage fan. A little different still since you admit you don't like Hendo very much...which is kind of in the same category as closet hate IMO.
But I absolutely think nationality plays a major part in fandom on this board. It's really an extreme difference between the thoughts on this board compared to all others I have ever seen. This board is has by far the most non-American(don't know any better way to put it) then any other board I have been on. With that there crazy differences in fighter love and hate.
Maybe you don't see it or it just appears normal to you. But it's not and there is something to it. I ain't mad, rep who you wanna rep. When I say that it's not directed at you personally. I don't think nationality is the only factor. Machida has many fans all over and he isn't the only one. However I think you are underselling it's impact on this board as a whole. Again though, there is nothing wrong with that, it's not a negative, it's just how it is.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote