MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hendo says Silva has been choosing his opponents

View Single Post

Old 02-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #63 (permalink)
marcthegame
Super Heavyweight

marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
I dislike Dan but partially agree with his assessment. It seems like Anderson does actively try to avoid wrestlers ... he wins in the end, but they give him a tough time, and one day he might not.

Don't agree with the Rockhold bit, but I feel Weidman is another elite wrestler that Anderson has been trying to dodge lately via his mouthpiece Soares, hoping Weidman loses and automatically solves his problem.

That's the point, all of those guys you mention are STAND UP FIGHTERS. No one is going to beat Anderson standing up, never ever, not even close. Not unless he's fighting at 50 with a walking stick.

Take away the Sonnen fights (wrestler), and you have Hendo (wrestler) who won the first round, Lutter (Grappler with good wrestling) who won the first and had him mounted, and Takase - long time ago and a can as far as overall MMA goes, but great wrestling and top control, who beat him badly.

You have to look at MMA from a style perspective ... of course Anderson can make stand up all stars look like clowns, that's the point of the thread. It's the wrestlers he doesn't look stellar against, and it's a big coincidence there are so few in such a long career.
I see your point, but that's just it you can put a wrestler in there etc, but at the end of the day they can't get it done. Anderson Silva is so damn good people think his wrestling is bad, it may be his weak point, but how weak is it really? I have seen many fighters with wholes get expose, but every wrestler Chael Sonnen,Henderson,Okami, all have failed to get it done.

Here is the thing everyone is calling for weidman to face silva, but Silva is callnig out GSP. Isnt GSP a better wrestler than CW by far?