MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How will wrestling being kicked out of the Olympics effect the UFC in the future?
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
yuck skateboarding is not a sport stop it
I agree, others will not. I'd describe it as more of an athletic hobby, or "thing to do". Parkour isn't a sport, but requires skill and core body strength -- neither is skateboarding.

There is already the X-games for all those "extreme" sports. I don't see what the point of putting them in the olympics is. They have the X-games crowd, leave it at that.

I was pretty surprised to hear wrestling will be removed from the olympics - it's a pretty traditional sport that has existed for a long time, and popular outside of the USA collegiate scene too. I'd be curious to know the reasons. They kept the "modern pentathalon" - a sport that combines fencing, horse riding, swimming, running and shooting. Kind of a joke if you ask me - more and more why the olympics is becoming un-watchable. Replacing the Olympics with the X-games isn't the answer either.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome