MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How will wrestling being kicked out of the Olympics effect the UFC in the future?

View Single Post

Old 02-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
RedRocket44
Bantamweight

RedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
yuck skateboarding is not a sport stop it
I agree, others will not. I'd describe it as more of an athletic hobby, or "thing to do". Parkour isn't a sport, but requires skill and core body strength -- neither is skateboarding.

There is already the X-games for all those "extreme" sports. I don't see what the point of putting them in the olympics is. They have the X-games crowd, leave it at that.

I was pretty surprised to hear wrestling will be removed from the olympics - it's a pretty traditional sport that has existed for a long time, and popular outside of the USA collegiate scene too. I'd be curious to know the reasons. They kept the "modern pentathalon" - a sport that combines fencing, horse riding, swimming, running and shooting. Kind of a joke if you ask me - more and more why the olympics is becoming un-watchable. Replacing the Olympics with the X-games isn't the answer either.
RedRocket44 is offline   Reply With Quote