MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hendo says Silva has been choosing his opponents

View Single Post

Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #72 (permalink)
marcthegame
Super Heavyweight

marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Get real. Dana may decide who Anderson fights but can't force WHEN he fights.

Anderson can sit on the shelf for years and wait for legit contenders like Weidman to eliminate themselves with bad style matchups, all while Anderson dicks around beating glorified cans in a LHW division he has no business or serious plans in, or decides to "take it easy" for a year or two. wtf? How about you give your belt up in that case if you wanna take it easy and leave a division stalled for absolutely no reason.

Why isn't he defending his MW belt for OVER A YEAR when he's PERFECTLY HEALTHY?? Give me ONE OTHER CHAMP that has done this while under contract and not injured in any shape or form (and don't give me Couture, because that was him trying to walk out of the org and break his contract, different story). Why is Soares making whining noises every time Weidman's name comes up, even when this guy has the best win streak in UFC MW HISTORY apart from Anderson himself?

Anderson is an amazing fighter and yes he usually beats everyone thrown at him including most of the handful of wrestlers he's faced, but he took a bloody pounding from Sonnen the first time and lost badly to Takase all those years ago. He's only human, and has a lot to lose. Why take risks when you can coast off into the sunset as GOAT while beating has been brawlers?

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...
These question is something you will have to ask UFC management. 95% of the times Dana doesn't even know what fight to make with the guy. In all honestly you can blast him for whatever, but when you are the champ you call the shots. However Dana White and company calls the shots, if they want Silva to fight they will do it. Weidman's name has came up, but from what I'm hearing he will be ready for the summer, whereas silva wants a fight in the spring.

Be honest can you honesty say Weidman will beat Anderson Silva. I know he makes sense, but if I'm keeping it real Weidman is a no name. When you held a belt since Oct 14, 2006, you can do whatever u want. He has made it clear he wants GSP, GSP imo is a way harder fight than Weidman. As for the Bonnar fight didnt he step in to save the Aldo card in Brazil?