MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Frankie Edgar eyeing five-round UFC main event fight against Cub Swanson next

View Single Post

Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
The Best Around
Featherweight

The Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
I don't like your use of the term 'nobody' it's awfully inclusive, and incorrect. Stun Gun and I love LW, now your statement is invalid. A better, though still controversial way to say it would be 'this is why not everyone cares about anything below WW'

Sent from my HTC Ruby using VerticalSports.Com App
Sorry, "the vast majority of people don't care" about anything below WW. Look at the buyrates, they speak for themselves. They only let Aldo/Edgar main event a pay-per-view since the core online audience viewed it as a "dream fight", and they had Rashad and Overeem to try to carry the star power load.

Frankie vs. Bendo did worse than Rampage vs. Hammill for crying out loud. And the UFC would probably never going forward put a BW title fight in a main event slot, or whatever the division Mighty Mouse is in. And Aldo's buyrates generally kind of suck too.

5-round wars can be exciting but they sometimes lack when nobody's in danger of being finished. Hendo vs. Shogun was a perfect 5-round war.