MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Frankie Edgar eyeing five-round UFC main event fight against Cub Swanson next

View Single Post

Old 02-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
Sorry, "the vast majority of people don't care" about anything below WW. Look at the buyrates, they speak for themselves. They only let Aldo/Edgar main event a pay-per-view since the core online audience viewed it as a "dream fight", and they had Rashad and Overeem to try to carry the star power load.

Frankie vs. Bendo did worse than Rampage vs. Hammill for crying out loud. And the UFC would probably never going forward put a BW title fight in a main event slot, or whatever the division Mighty Mouse is in. And Aldo's buyrates generally kind of suck too.

5-round wars can be exciting but they sometimes lack when nobody's in danger of being finished. Hendo vs. Shogun was a perfect 5-round war.
I don't think that is even close to being a correct statement. Jose Aldo is getting more and more popular all around the World. Casuals are really starting to notice Aldo and he is on the verge of reaching the class of GSP and Anderson. Not just that, then numbers were good for both Fox events featuring Nate Diaz who also has a pretty good following. I think you are more in the minority then you think. I think you would have a better argument if you adjusted your statement to include LW. I can see that more since many people still don't know more then 2 fighters below LW. But you have plenty of well known fighters at 155.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote