MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Paul de Thouars pencak silat

View Single Post

Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
khell
MMA Fanatic

khell has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Paul de Thouars pencak silat

has anyone seen any of paul de Thoaurs SERAK pencak silat style?theres alot of versions of penkak silat styles and alot are non sence ,but ive heard this version serak penak silat is supposed to be the real deal., A friend of mine who is really good at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu , especially the gaurd , started training serak pencak silat . they let him pull guard and he said it was the hardest time he has ever had, and will never pull gaurd when training against those guys. thats just an example, he said in general he woulndt try grapling with those guys anymore period. remember this guy really liked bjj. we both trained in bjj for like 3 years ,but he was much more gung ho, he spent like 5 days a week training bjj and loved it.and knows all about the whole fake styles that claim how good they are etc.and always felt mma styles were the best. but now he swears by serak pencak silat. im wondering if anyone has seen this stuff , if its as hard core as ive heard. and if theres any vids with it in real fight. i doubt it, cause they are very selective about who they train and who they show stuff to. but i would like to see it.

Last edited by khell : 05-04-2007 at 06:41 AM.
khell is offline   Reply With Quote