MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Fitch among 16 fighters released from UFC on Tuesday

View Single Post

Old 02-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #102 (permalink)
TanyaJade
Middleweight

TanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings System
Regarding Fitch, this is both disappointing and confusing. Fitch has won 14 fights in the UFC with his only losses being to St. Pierre, Hendricks, and Maia. He has never lost back to back fights, and has compiled eight and five fight win streaks. Not to mention for a very long time, Fitch was thought to be the best welterweight in the world not named Georges St. Pierre. He showed in his fight with Erick Silva that he can stll compete with the best in the UFC. Unless there was a contractual issue or something, I see no logic behind cutting Jon Fitch. I'll be waiting for a statemnt from White or Joe Silva to follow.

Regarding the other fighters released, I wish that Hieron and Santiago would have een given another chance. Hieron was competitive with Ellenberger and got rushed by Woodley. Santiago had a relatively competitive fight with one of the best prospects in the entire organization.

Rich Franklin - Holly Holm - Carlos Condit - Andrei Arlovski
Credit to Spite for the sig!
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote