MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Fitch among 16 fighters released from UFC on Tuesday

View Single Post

Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #122 (permalink)
TheAuger
Bantamweight

TheAuger is on another level nowTheAuger is on another level nowTheAuger is on another level nowTheAuger is on another level nowTheAuger is on another level nowTheAuger is on another level nowTheAuger is on another level nowTheAuger is on another level nowTheAuger is on another level nowTheAuger is on another level nowTheAuger is on another level now
Fitch is the only fighter on the list that I am surprised was cut. And even then, I am not incredulous about his cut either. It's not hard to imagine that Fitch just didn't 'play ball' when Silva/Zuffa requested him to. His recent 1-2-1 record and history of boring fights before that, didn't help either. There are many variables that might have led to him being cut.

I find it funny that people think the UFC is in financial trouble. If this was the case, which it isn't, cutting mostly lower payed fighters wouldn't even begin to help them out. With the Fox deal, more events than ever, & new markets opened up, the UFC is as strong financially as ever.

This isn't the old UFC where fighters can rest on past accomplishments or mediocre records. Which is a good thing for the future of MMA.
TheAuger is offline   Reply With Quote