MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Fitch among 16 fighters released from UFC on Tuesday

View Single Post

Old 02-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #145 (permalink)
BWoods
Great Googly Moogly!

BWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I get that but should they also release Koscheck? You can't cut everyone who isn't gonna be a champ, Fitch is still one of the premier welterweights in the world and has just turned a corner in his career openly saying he was going to take more risks.

Maybe I'm just a butthurt Fitch fan but this cut is so ludicrous to me.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
The reason Koscheck is still around is because he can actually sell a PPV with his mouth and can produce knockouts for the highlight videos. Also, he is a company guy who doesn't complain about his pay and title shots. He takes his fights, goes for a knockout, and calls someone out.

Fitch is the type of fighter that annoys Dana and crew because of his "the most important thing is winning" mentality. You saw how furious it made Dana when Roy Nelson implied that winning was more important than being exciting.

Dana wants knockouts, submissions, and highlight reel material, period. He's becoming much more transparent about it now with the FOX deal.
BWoods is offline   Reply With Quote