MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Fitch among 16 fighters released from UFC on Tuesday

View Single Post

Old 02-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #170 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
While no one will ever think that Fitch is the top WW in the world, this just goes to hurt the UFC's rep when they claim to have the best fighters in the world.

And contrary to most posters, I genuinely do enjoy watching Fitch fight. A search of my posting history will reveal that I have said this often. He may not get as many finishes as he likes, or talks about, but he DOMINATED his competition when he fought. Unless you are named GSP, Kos, Hendricks, or Maia, if you fought at 170 you probably lost to him.

You would think after fighting so many up-and-comers that he would have a little good will with the company and they would let him finish his contract first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
I find Fitch boring and dont like him but this is a joke. No other way to spin it. He will be at least a name pickup for Bellator although he wont be moving any money.
The real problem with Bellator is that you don't fight often enough to make a living. Look at their HW champ Cole Konrad, he retired because of it:

Result Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes
Win 9–0 Eric Prindle Submission (kimura) Bellator LXX May 25, 2012 1 1:00 New Orleans, Louisiana, United States Defended Bellator Heavyweight Championship.
Win 8–0 Paul Buentello Decision (unanimous) Bellator 48 August 20, 2011 3 5:00 Uncasville, Connecticut, United States Non-title bout.
Win 7–0 Neil Grove Submission (keylock) Bellator 32 October 14, 2010 1 4:45 Kansas City, Missouri, United States Bellator Season 3 Heavyweight Tournament Final; Won inaugural Bellator Heavyweight Championship.
Win 6–0 Damian Grabowski Decision (unanimous) Bellator 29 September 16, 2010 3 5:00 Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States Bellator Season 3 Heavyweight Tournament Semifinal.
Win 5–0 Rogent Lloret Decision (unanimous) Bellator 25 August 19, 2010 3 5:00 Chicago, Illinois, United States Bellator Season 3 Heavyweight Tournament Quarterfinal.
Win 4–0 John Orr Decision (unanimous) Bellator 22 June 17, 2010 3 5:00 Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Win 3–0 Pat Bennett Decision (unanimous) Bellator 17 May 6, 2010 3 5:00 Boston, Massachusetts, United States
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote