MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #27520 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
Nate diaz vs ben henderson stunk and nate earned the shot, rashad evans vs jon jones stunk, dan hardy earned his shot and that stunk and rashad earned it, shogun vs machida was awesome and shogun didn't earn it. And what sport has different rules based what side of the planet you are on? soccer kicks and knees on the ground are allowed in japan and brazil off the top of my head but not in england america and australia and parts of canada. In sports if your team goes 3-13 your whole team doesn't get cut you try again next season in the fight business you lose 2 straight and you could be gone for good. Then there's the business side the fight business always was and is built on what match ups appeal to the biggest crowd of fans and at the end of the day if you aren't appealing to the fans with favourable match ups then your business and company fails and then no one is happy. Hell pride thrived as well on fights that made no sense everyone knows that and so doe sboxing.
I couldn't disagree more on your outlook on MMA and how things should be done. I think the fighters would agree with me, well I know the fighters agree with me since they have said as much. So many frustrated fighters out there right now because there is no defined way to earn a title shot right now. The current path the UFC is going down is not what most fighters imagined it would be. It's not what many fans thought it would be. That is why so many fans and fighters are speaking out lately. It's not going in the direction it should be. Zuffa is not making the right moves right now and I'm far from alone in that thought process. If fighters weren't in fear of job security then more would be speaking out. But with the current state of the UFC and how they are running things they can't speak out. If they do they might be cut after their next loss. Even if that loss is due to incompetent judging like in Useless' case. You could lose to title contender and have 14 wins in the UFC and get cut. It's just insane. It's not what it should be.