MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator Season 8

View Single Post

Old 02-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #60 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Term View Post
I agree he did eat something each time they exchanged but I remember Mo landing one or two more punches each time. I will watch it again. I said I thought Mo was winning but not by much and he was taking a chance standing with Newton when you would think he could just take the guy down at will.
I thought Newton looked like a killer that was trying to finish at all times while Mo was trying to stay relaxed. Newton wasn't just more active but when Mo threw he got hit in return it seemed like everytime. Newton was using that lead leg high kick nicely and just seemed to be landing the more meaningful strikes IMO and was the more active fighter. I completely agree with Mo fighting a dumb fight, another example of a wrestler falling in love with the standup. He should have dumped Newton and worked the GnP, I think he would have won easy that way.
But IMO Newton was screwed in his SD vs Vegh and should be fighting for the HW title. Decent fighter.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote