Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Neil Magny VS

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Jon Manley

Votes: 6 40.0%

***OFFICIAL*** UFC 157 Prelims Thread

5K views 129 replies 31 participants last post by  AlphaDawg 
#1 ·

Preliminary card - FX (Facebook for international viewers)
Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub
Mike Chiesa vs. Anton Kuivanen
Court McGee vs. Josh Neer
Caros Fodor vs. Sam Stout

Preliminary card - Facebook or UFC.tv
Dennis Bermudez vs. Matt Grice
Brock Jardine vs. Kenny Robertson
Neil Magny vs. Jon Manley

Watch prelim fights live on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dpvkbCgm0k

See less See more
#3 ·
Lavar is going to knock Schaub out... I'm gonna be in attendace for this one!

#6 ·
Wait, did Court realize he's in the wrong weight class and FINALLY drop down to 170? That's good to see.

I'm not sure how I feel about this fight. I picked Neer to win because it seems like McGee is the same fighter he was when he was on TUF. He hasn't really shown improvements since then. I like the guy, he's been through a lot and he's apart of the pit, but he hasn't impressed me since he won TUF. Neer is a veteran of the sport and won't make this easy for him. Hopefully, McGee looks better at this weight class because I want to see the guy improve and reserve his spot on the UFC roster.

Glad to see Chiesa back in action. It showed how much heart he had on his season of TUF when learning about his father but still winning the tournament despite that. I think most people would have wanted to leave after that, but he kept going strong knowing it's what his father would have wanted and he won it all. Such a feel good story and I found myself cheering for him throughout every one of his fights. I think he should win this fight against Anton comfortably.

Lavar should knock out Schaub early. Schaub has a very suspect chin, and Lavar is one of the hardest hitting heavyweights in the UFC. He may not be the best striker, but his brick hands make up for it. Schaub better play defensively for a while in my opinion.

#8 ·
Have you guys ever seen them set up something like this for fans outside before the prelims? Almost like a football pregame out there in Anaheim...

Kind of a big pic:

The only ppv shows I've been to just had a big crowd outside the doors with nothing to do but wait for them to open up. Glad, Bud's OP has the link to watch these fights on youtube so we don't have to rely on facebook's sometimes good/sometimes shaky streams.

#11 ·
Missing weight by 5 pounds in the debut...
not the best idea m8! :thumbsup:

The guy is eating strong punches as he trows those silly leg kicks
but Rogan only has eyes for the kicks...

#24 ·
I wonder if Manley realizes everyone pretty much hated TUF 16 and the UFC is cracking down on releases lately. Not a great idea to be glued to an opponents leg.

#29 ·
Glad Neil got the win. I'd like to see him have more success in the UFC. He has an 81 inch reach which is crazy. Not Jon Jones crazy, but still crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.