MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Lyoto Machida vs. Dan Henderson Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #169 (permalink)
BWoods
Great Googly Moogly!

BWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
oh you got me there that was a good slam, just because you were listening to joe like everything lyoto attempted landed doesn't make it true
I think I've been one of the more vocal people on this board about Joe's bias commentating, so yeah there's that. The fact that Dan literally ran at Lyoto swinging his right hand, HOPING that it would land, is more of an indication of just how confused he was. He couldn't close the range on the longer/faster fighter and was totally shut down.

Yes, Dan landed leg kicks, it's well documented that if you get Machida to back up you can catch his legs. Shogun proved that much in their first fight, but that was pretty much all Dan had. Machida landed the front kick several times, he used the front kick to punch combo he dropped Rashad with, landed a nice body kick and got that takedown in the first. It was a master class in Machida karate.

I'm sorry you're upset that Hendo lost and looked miserable doing it. Lyoto exposed what we all have learned about Henderson, he's got nothing besides his right hand. If you avoid the right then you negate his entire game.
BWoods is offline   Reply With Quote